Re: Navigation for the blind (algorithm of redirection)

@2, that's what I actually wanted to hear. You're right, it's easy for an app to detect when car will be at some point, because it moves way faster than the person and that increeses direction accuracy as well, as possibility to calculate pritty exact speed due to movement stability. Accuracy is real problem here, because as you already mentioned here, we usually get 10 to 20 meters due to various factors like buildings, weather conditions, clearity of the sky and better accuracy requires expensive and much powerful hardware. When accuracy jums drastically we can determine it, but that's only that. If it isn't stable, I guess there is less we can do, however we still use these navigation systems and perhaps there's at least something that's not been done and could be done in the terms of software to improve navigation experience, but sadly, I don't know what could it be. I see that we can not prevent an app from directing people towards the middle of a street, but in case of at least better navigation that could be more useful than Google maps if in case of the state of a problem, could at least determine when to redirect user to the next point for starters and consistently say where is the current point in relative direction. There are plenty of navigation apps for the blind that offer similar functionality, but they still can not pull it off, so sadly I guess you're correct.
@3, I don't get it how exactly What Three Words would do to help me out in making an algorithm I described?
@5, Yes, I know how to use docker, not a professionally, because we use docker-compose in the job and only thing I need to do with that is to start containers and work within the inner VM as a big project, on which smaller parts of a system are built, but anyway, it's another topic. Now in a matter of navigation, again, yes, I'm getting turn-by-turn directions. They don't give me the lines of streets, of course if they would, I would be happy about it, because at least I could make it better than that of an algorithm that's based only on radius and the relative direction which is not enouth as we all pointed out. I am not a stranger to SQL, this language is in everyday activity so I'll definately check it out and the resources you mentioned here could be quite useful. Yeah, perhaps it will not become a tool for wide usage because of a drawbacks we had gathered, although it will still be interesting to experiment and explore what I can do.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : vortex1024 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector