Re: Navigation for the blind (algorithm of redirection)

@10, Yes, that's the problem that in short distances gps begins to be even bigger crap and I can't think of any algorithm to at least know when to even redirect a person (I mean if algorithm isn't based only on distance and direction trust / mistrust). However heading in compass is another thing. If GPS doesnt drive nuts, then compass / magnetofield is totaly useful to get heading toward the point or as a cardinal one. I don't know how long it can be turned on before gets out of proper callibration, but in the terms of checking the direction it's good. Especially if you spin your device around and it vibrates / gives a feedback that you point towards the target, and for instance helps you to point at it by guiding you to turn device more to the left / right before we point correctly.
I even started to consider of using accelerometer and calculate the steps for some use, though don't yet figured out whether it will help or just complicate things up even more.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : vortex1024 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector