Re: Blind humans and living situations?

God, there is a lot to say about this topic.
I currently live in Germany in a student accommodation. I have previously completed a bachelors degree in English language and culture , and I didn't finish the masters degree in English language and teaching. These two were in Albania but I am now here in Germany in a preparatory phase of studies, and more precisely I'm taking a German course, currently at level C1. I came here in March 2019 through an Erasmus scholarship and since I liked the place, and since it was light years better than my home country Albania in almost every respect, I decided to stay longer, seek help from the host university to start a degree-seiking programme, and found then a student job to finance my studies and daily life. Well, when I came here, I was really dependent on other people. I needed assistance in many circumstances. More concretely I was pretty bad at house-hold chores; I didn't know how to wash dishes or cook even something small for myself. At cleaning I did well but that wasn't enough. I also had little mmobility skills. In my home country they don't offer any O and M training, let alone independent living skills programmes. Erasmus programmes for people with sensory or physical impairments offer an additional funding which can go up to twice as the amount of the scholarship one receives every month if required. And so I had assistance every month for two semesters. They were all students who did a mini job to support their studies and they became truly good friends of mine. I ask them to teach me how to do different tasks, and that's how I learnt the basics of cooking and cleaning. In Germany, every citizen is obliged to subscribe to a health insurance programme. Of course I did the same, and that's how I got mobility training, since these issues are to be taken care of by the health insurance company. Today I live alone, albeit I have some assistance for when I need to go shopping or go to any appointments where i'm not confident to go alone. Otherwise I have to take care of everything on my own, and I'm truly happy about it, provided that two years ago I couldn't leave my house on my own. I'm eternaly thankful to everyone who has helped me these two years. It is that help and regard that I can't ever express how much I appreciate and might be able to never repay.