Re: Revenge Of The Undead, a new zombie shooter

amerikranian wrote:

@kianoosh, I'm interested as to your response to post 371 which brings up an excellent point as to the lack of lag.
Re, exception handling, that's not entirely BGT's fault, nore is it unheard of the languages doing the same logic, I.e, this is C:

int do_something(int *x)
{
    if (*x == 0)
    {
        return 1; // We failed
    }
    return 0; // We succeeded
}

C lacks try and accept, which we can still get around by doing if (do_something()). If C gets away with it, I don't see try and except as being essential. Are they nice? Sure. Are they a good characteristic of a language, I don't think so.

Of course. Support for try and except isn't generally essential for a language. But I personally prefer having this in a toolkit like bgt, that aims to ease the development process. Thus I still think is a feature that could really help the debugging of a BGT game, and by a great amount.
like, an engine like BGT that is designed to be easy to use and the fact that its manual says "Who said the process of game creation should be complicated? ", could really use such features. Of course, uncomplicated development will not end at the point where you have a simple game running there. It can of course be extended up to the point where the developer hits an exception, quickly finds it because they properly implemented the try/except, and fixes it without having to spend a lot of time and effort for maybe a line of code which fixing of wouldn't take more than a minute.
At conner. STW lags when  like three or four people start having a PK fight near each other, and redspot was definitely laggy and i can clearly remember that, especially with that I don't know what long barril machinegun that would take like I think 50 rounds in a cartrage and would fire into long distances. Of course, these two games have/had such good networking code and have/had much less lag compared to other BGT games, but yet, the huge lag spikes happen in both of them, and usually it's not more than 10 people who cause these spikes

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PatrykK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : morse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ankr098 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DeathDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DeathDragon via Audiogames-reflector