Re: Gamings Computer Question

I don't know what the price is, so I can't make a guess on whether you are getting your money's worth or not here, but that all looks quite good!  Hell I'd even say that the GPU may be a bit overkill for the kinds of games you'll probably be playing, but their is nothing wrong with futureproofing.

I notice that the battery isn't amazing, and it's only going to get worse over time, though thankfully it's almost certainly replaceable and it's a common issue with gaming laptops that isn't as bad if you're fully blind and turn the screen brightness to 0 99% of the time.

The SSD is far too small for more than a few mainstream games though, or really much of anything videos wise like TV or movies.  I assume you are planning on putting another drive in their as well?
It's very likely that their will be at least one free bay as it's a gaming laptop, but you may want to find out if it's got a free SATA bay or only M2 slots.
Also, if you go with a standard HDD for your expanded storage, games are going to load and save quite slowly, so expect to shell out a couple hundred if you want a good sized SSD instead, depending of course on how much stuff you want to put on it and whether or not you have to go with the more expensive (but ultra fast) M2 SSD's.

Not having WiFi 6 support is a bit of a bummer, as we are already getting into WiFi 6E soon which means that you will be 2 generations behind in a year or so.  However, it is important to note that WiFi6 and 6E are almost exclusively about improving signal quality and network capacity in crowded areas, rather than speed improvements.
Also, since you can access the WiFi card on this model, you may well be able to upgrade it in future.

Maintenance isn't as easy as some gaming laptops, as it uses lots of plastic clips and screws, but it is still certainly possible if you are careful or have a professional do it, and loads better than most other non gaming laptop types.

Here are a couple good in depth reviews I found.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Le … 271.0.html
https://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-l … isappoint/

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fredd via Audiogames-reflector