Re: It's time to try something new

Okay, yikes man.

andy_the_blindy wrote:

@47 what was that?
@48 i am not a only bgt dev, I also use python. But how ever i don't have this mindset that bgt neads to be destructed and burn in hell. I am just mad cause you kick a concept that provided us good things. Wordpress, NVDA, Firefox and Thunderbird, Chromium, putty, youtube-dl. Should i continue? You are literarely talking a concept bad which powers a lot of todays software these days, and as i mentioned, these people have clones as well, but there they deal better with it.

Imagine we would be siting in a river. Let's visit the sighted river first. O, a clone. It sinks down and down and down and down and down and suddenly it drowns. Now visit the blind community river. It will be as good as in sighted landia, isn't it? No? O, i see. But here it swimms, beeing held above water by clone haters that even if they hate it so much give it oxygen to breathe by writing awesome insult posts and sweare words. The typical clone hater would think that this has any effect, instead it just keeps the topic on the list and drags us into situations like this.

See? You pretent open sourcing is a bad idea, how ever it in fact isn't. Also see my before points. And bay the way, why should i get a warning? Cuz i mentioned pants?

Sorry man, but the truth is, just by saying this stuff, "BGT needs to burn in hell", "BGT needs to drown", "BGT needs to (insert goes here)", you're just making people who haven't even started or have barely even learned how to use BGT, want to continue learning it. The fact that you are ranting your ass out like that will only cause problems.
It's true that BGT isn't a good language. Especially in the networking field. I can totally agree that BGT is an old and untrustworthy language. I've only just started learning PodSixNet and I've found out that things differ greatly in how BGT and PodSixNet do their networking strategies. I'm slowly beginning to grasp it but it is clear that I still have a lot of learning to do.
But my main point is, you can't force people to switch languages by preaching the downsides of BGT. People who still want to learn or are still using BGT (like me) will eventually move on on our own. It's not something that you can come up to a BGT user and start worshipping other languages and expect them to switch.
Think about it this way. Let's use an analogy to further emphasize my point here.
Everyone in one neighborhood is speaking Chinese.
Another neighborhood starts talking trash about Chinese, criticizing the language in any way possible, and starts telling the Chinese speakers to switch to their language, French.
Are the Chinese speakers going to be like, okay. Sure, all right everyone. Off we go, lets learn some French! Or are they going to continue speaking the language they are comfortable with.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : andy_the_blindy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : andy_the_blindy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DeathDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MatthewSmithYT via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : r-d-productions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : r-d-productions via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector