Re: Castaways contest, with cash prizes!

KeyIsFull, if it helps, here is the starting order I've been going with lately.  I put my storehouse somewhere between columns B and G, and rows 2 and 5.  I get the tavern, saw mill and a quarry going first, with a hospital if absolutely necessary.  A wall first goes up at E 2 if I'm fast enough.  If it took me too long to get started, I can put that first wall at E 3 and still block off all Goblins from the North.  I prefer E 2 because it gives me that 1 extra piece of land later.  Next I build a wall at C 5, and nothing can hit me from the South or West because of the natural forest barriers.  I have about 12 or 13 total land tiles which are safe in my little cove, at least for a while before the goblins can advance to me from the East / South east.  Some games I hold them back with soldiers and a guard tower until I can try to stretch walls down the eastern border of my cove, but I'm also trying to speed things up so that I can wall of the east before I even need the soldiers.  No luck yet, but I do think it's possible.  In either case, this gets me past the 1200 tick mark that you've been crashing at.  Hopfully this helps you adjust your strategy a bit.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JenniferM via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NightCraller302 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : NightCraller302 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rocky Waters via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : yujin9091 via Audiogames-reflector