Re: Stories in video games

Admittedly, there are some bad bits of voice acting in FFX. You won't see me arguing that. But I think there is also some extremely -good voice acting in that game, which makes up for it.
slight
spoilers
For instance, listen to Seymour telling Kimari that all his people are dead. Listen to Riku freaking out about lightning (it's silly, but it works). Listen to some of the spheres discussing Auron, Braska and Jecht.
end
spoiler
Again, not saying it's amazing, but it worked for me. If you pay attention, there's a lot to be said about the nature of sacrifice and the need for change, not to mention how real the whole thing is.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector