Re: Suggestion Regarding the Forum and Problematic Posts

Dan_Gero wrote:

What happens when we try to solve our problems by reasoning with people who can't be reasoned with? Eventually, it'll be seen that we can't get anywhere with those people, so the admins have to caution, warn, or ban them. That does work out for the time being, but what happens when another person comes along to make trouble again or the same person gets around their ban? We get a repeat of what happened before, and then everything comes full circle, and people still want to stay away from us because they see us as toxic and unproductive.

This is unfortunately just how life works. You'll always have bad apples in a bunch here and there. There'll always be people who can't be reasoned with. Sometimes this is because they're mentally broken and can't help it. Sometimes this is because they just don't give a damn. I like to think that most people can be redeemed, but sometimes extreme measures have to be taken to deal with them.

No society is going to be 100%perfect all the time, and I agree with others that trying to bury everything that's bad is probably not the best solution. Musicalman's idea for making a category for unsavory topics is probably the best solution so far.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector