Re: windows update blue screen of death!

Well I ran setup diag and got a different error, 0xC1900101, which apparently is caused by the same thing, windows being stupid with installed programs, so obviously Malware bites was not the problem, and I can reinstall it anyway.

@GCW, I'm afraid my sympathy with the problems of anyone creating anything diminishes proportionally with the amount of time, resources, stock market index  and dodgy business practices of whoever is involved, so you can imagine how much sympathy I have for the worlds' richest coorporation, especially when I'm pretty much forced to have these updates unless I disable them.

@Defender, Reinstalling windows every year just seems insane to me, not when there are things like hardware specific keys and accounts to deregister, a process microsoft's own ms account system doesn't make any easier.

reinstalling windows just because the main windows update doesn't work seems like bulldozing my house because I can't get a new coat of paint, especially when everything else works fine, including windows defender updates.