Re: windows update blue screen of death!

Well I tried removing malware bites.
The good news is, it went past the blue screen of death and shut down.
The bad news is, it then sat on a completely black screen without doing anything for a solid ten minutes.
I restarted with the power button, it then sat on said black screen for five minutes again, however this time, it actually started up correctly.

when I check the updates, it seems to want to install a different update, and it deleted several of my desktop icons, however NVDA still tells me I don't have the correct version of windows for the latest version of the windows 10 ap essentials addon.
So at this point I honestly don't know whether it's updated or not, but in deference to this being a pain, and the major hassle either getting a new computer or even just doing a system wipe and reinstall on this one would be, I simply disabled updates again.

I appreciate people's thoughts on reinstalling windows, but honestly that seems major overkill for just an issue with windows updates, and is probably not something I'd bother with anyway, since this pc is getting on for four years old and only has 8 gb of ram.

If Microsoft are too stupid to provide a bug free update that doesn't crash my pc, I'll go on with what I have, since really there isn't any major reason I need the updated version of windows other than nebulous bling factor anyway.