Re: your current favorite games

I'm mainly playing AI Dungeon:
www.aidungeon.io
New Horizons:
https://audiogames.net/db.php?id=New+Horizons
and Touhoumon Ordinary version (fully accessible Pokemon silver hack) which I play using the Pokemon Access scripts:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3777 … on-access/
Once I finish Ordinary, at Elite 4 at present, planning to move on to either Pokemon Bronze (Seems to be an accessible Pokemon Gold hack) or Pokemon Brown Twitch Plays Pokemon (Seems to be a fully accessible Pokemon Red hack). I also like the Pokemon Crystal randofuser which randomly combines two pokemon including stats, moves, evolutions, and types. Makes for an interesting run each time and you can also randomize wild and trainer pokemon and adjust the level curve. The only issue I find is that the program is entirely accessible, aside for the button you press to create the altered ROM. NVDA OCR seems to work for this. The Pokemon Red 721 Randomizer, which allows you to create a randomized Pokemon Red ROM with a random selection of pokemon in the Pokedex from generations 1-6, is also fun but not fully accessible since the pathfinder in the access scripts doesn't work with it. I used the very little low vision I have and have reversed the contrast so that walls and such are bright white on a black background to successfully play, currently at Fuchsia.

I don't play it as frequently, but have been playing Dragon Tavern:
www.dragontavern.com
off and on since 2008.

I personally use AI dungeon as more of a story telling tool, but I do run prompts of games that I can't play normally. Some don't work as well, like trying to simulate a mobile Gacha RPG like Granblue or Fate/Grand Order, but something like pokemon works surprisingly well if you have a lot of world info and luckily, there are premade scenarios  where the hard work of entering all of the pokemon, towns, etc has already been done for you.

New Horizons is a real time space combat and trading game based on Elite. It might be a bit difficult to understand at first, but I found that by not worrying about all the sounds I didn't understand and focusing on one thing at a time, it was easy enough to learn. Dark's guide in the Articles room is also super helpful compared to the included documentation.

Dragon Tavern is a basic Browser based RPG that is fully accessible and has a pretty simple and clean interface. It is simple enough that you could probably have a bot play it successfully but I find it fun for the lore even though a good amount of the areas you have to decipher from the one line title of the enemies you face and the traps you encounter. Even though they all play the same, I love the lore on the classes and would love to see the world ported to a more complex system.

Now that it updated again, I'll probably get back into Fantasy Story II:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3934 … -released/
as well.

Also, unless I mention otherwise, everything listed is fully accessible to someone who is completely blind.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gilly B via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mrpibb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : windows via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector