Re: some questions about cooking

Cook until golden brown or whatever is experience and depends on the food.  Sometimes texture, sometimes smell, sometimes using a meat thermometer, sometimes switching out the recipe for a more specific "oven to 350 for 22.5 minutes".

Lumps in dough is which kind of dough?  if you mean cake batter then just get a hand mixer and have at it while being sure that you move the hand mixer around and run it on the edge of the bowl.  If you mean bread, not being able to feel lumps there seems odd because it's kneading.  I will admit that if I'm doing gravy, I do the cornstarch and water step entirely with my fingers, grabbing the bits of cornstarch and rubbing them between my fingers until they separate.  For other kinds of dough, e.g. pancake batter, I haven't done them in a long time.  But 99% of baking when you're blind at least for me is just learning to be methodical and consistent.  There won't be lumps if you learn how to make sure your whisk or fork or mixer or whatever covers the entire bowl.

An immersion mixer with whisk attachment is also your best friend ever if you really get into baking.  The immersion mixer part can do wonderful puddings, gravies, soups, etc.  The whisk attachment gets you a really nice, thorough whisking where you only have to concentrate on the where, not if you're working your wrist right.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector