Re: Looking for the VipGamesZone games

Ok folks.
A consensus has been reached on behalf of the admin team. We have officially decided to allow VIPGameszone game distribution, including patches, for the duration of the time that they are considered abandoned, likely indefinitely owing to the radio silence. RTT_Entertainment, feel free to go ahead and distribute links to these patches publicly.
We did not come to this decision lightly, and will preempt this reminding folks that we will not arbitrarily declare a dev dead if we haven't gotten a new release from them in a few months. We will have some officially written protocol on how we approach distribution status for abandoned titles soon. For VIPGameszone, we have more than enough reason to believe that there's really no harm in allowing distribution.
1. We haven't heard anything from the company in a very long time, 3 years give or take.
2. Aware of this, we blacklisted their games on the database early on. Outside of the forum, we have made it clear that we are warning people about the status of their games.
3. Within that time, their domain was repossessed, the license server was toasted, and legitimate license holders have been unable to register games they paid for. Even demos won't work.
Therefore, we have enough reason to believe that they either aren't coming back, or if htey ever did they'd have a lot to answer for.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gregsteel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : gorvachov13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector