Re: Site updates August 13th

Hi Tom.
Maybe you should contact the Italian company and ask them how they make cross platform games? I'm totally amazed how quickly they are able to make games. They have an awesome spaceship game in development which should be released this month, and Inquisitor adventure 3 for next month or in a few months. All their games are cross platform, works on Mac and Windows. I'm not sure about Linux, and most of their games are also out for IOS. I have no idea on how they are making games that fast!

regarding to my idea on making a game which others can expand, here are some other thoughts:
Make an engine which have a map editor so people can make maps pretty easily. I don't know how complex it is to make this.
Make a very simple scripting system like in Tactical battle, where people like me who nearly have given up on learning programming can learn to write things from scratch, in a simple text file.
Make the possibility for others to co de scripts, so they can make even more features in the game. One example is from Tactical battle. People wanted a feature where you could mount horses or other transportations. Well, someone just made an awesome script and made this awesome feature! big_smile
In this way, you could make a very awesome game engine with endless features which people with different skills could keep working on if they feel like doing it. It might have some limitations, I don't know, but it would be awesome! Then, an online system could be designed, so people could upload their stuff, so you don't have to put lots of work into uploading stuff to a website.
I have no idea on how much work it would take to make all this, but I could imagine it would require much less work than writing a big game from scratch.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector