Re: Shadow Rine After Story Puzzle Help

I was harsh, but in my first post in this thread, I wrote:

"I typed "zodiac puzzle" into the search bar. Fourth post down gave me the solution."

It bears mentioning that the very act of quoting my own hint, and the mention of that particular phrase, has probably bumped it down the queue to seventh or eighth by now. But it's still there. I just checked.

So I gave you a hint to go straight to the solution. If you were unclear on keywords somehow, I just clarified it for you. Instead of just responding with something like, "Oh hey, didn't realize it would be that simple", or even acknowledging in any way that my solution would help you, you just took issue with my harshness.

As far as I see it, there is fault on both sides here.

Yes, I'll apologize for the extent of my harshness. I do think you only put in a token effort, but insinuating that you might have been lying went too far. That's not fair, and I won't do that again.

What I won't apologize for is asking you to use the search feature, and then calling you out for basically not doing so.

To answer why I often ask people to do it? Because it's here for a reason, and while we're here to help one another, sometimes the best way to help someone is to show them how to help themselves. Even in post 2, where I was admittedly too sharp, I gave you the help you wanted, indirectly. If you go through my exhortations for people to use the search feature, you'll usually see that I give some sort of pointer or advice along with my admonishment. Take it or leave it, but I'm not just yelling for the sake of yelling, and I won't take blame for asking you to use a tool at your disposal.

So sure, I was too sharp. You were too defensive though IMO. Next time it would be nice if you acknowledged the help and maybe took a little more initiative. I will be less critical in future, but I am not going to stop advocating for people to search things out for themselves.

And I tell you what. If I ever ask a question with a really simple answer that I failed to search, by all means turn this around on me. You know what you'll get from me? "Oh hell, I'm an idiot. Okay, searching now." Game over.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector