Re: Gwconnect's Dead. Thanks a ton, Window Eyes.

With all due respect I have to disagree.
I don't know who used Skype Kit apart from GW Micro.
But I think that it was not just one Company...
Everyone who used it got cut off, and it was probably more than GW Micro.

I really don't know if Window Eyes is a bad Piece of Software so that GW Micro has to sell other things because Window Eyes would be not selling enough for the Company.
However there is a difference between a product which you buy and a Service you pay a regular subscription fee to use it.
Usually a Screen Reader and/or most programs designed to provide an alternative blind friendly user Interface to web Services might require resources to create it.
Usually this means selling said product.
This is all ok so Long as any Company doesn't Charge more than is needed.
But since the developers of Facebook or Youtube don't prevent third Party developers including their Services into new programs, it must mean t hat it is allowed to create alternate Clients or programs which use parts of said Services (e.g. Video converting Software with an Option to convert Videos into a Format accepted by Youtube and uploading Options might also be provided).
Often the end user pays for the entire program (e.g. a Video converter) with some link to Youtube.
But using Youtube is free (non Commercial use), you don't exclusively pay for just for Youtube.
Same goes for Facebook.
Then the question would be why GW Social Eyes is a Commercial product, but it can be answered by the fact that GW Micro is selling products in General.
But since it is unlikely that Facebook might get off the Internet very soon, the question would remain why GW Social Eyes isn't sold traditionally meaning that you pay once for the product and not on a yearly Basis.

Whether the program is actually good or if you are better off using Facebook with a web browser is a totally different question.
Actually, I can't answer it, because last time I checked, there was no such Thing as a demo Version of the Client, while JAWS or Window Eyes can be tested before you decide to buy.

It is a question of principle which I meant in my last post.
That some Mainstream Services might not always be totally accessible is probably ture.
But why must every one who wants to help by creating possible Solutions always Charge lots of Money for it except said solution is to be delivered on a Smartphone or tablet?
What about the People who can't or won't use them and prefer a good old Mac or Windows Computer?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector