Re: Gwconnect's Dead. Thanks a ton, Window Eyes.

Hello everyone.

Alright. Rant time.
Really guys? You're making a huge deal out of nothing. Things happen, this is one of those things that many people do not like.

I ahve to agree with SLJ here. Microsoft has threatened to stop Skype Kit for a long time now, yet people ignored it and stayed on GWConnect; and now htat they really did take it down, people are complaining because they didn't move to the official Skype client, and therefore didn't learn it.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that when you're using, what I like to call "a blindy client" That is, a client that acts as a substitution for a service that is out there that aims to either make the product more accessible, or improve upon the accessibility that is already there, you run the risk of the API that the client depends on being terminated.

This doesn't just go for clients of this sort; I was just using that as an example. Had people started t o slowly migrate and learn the normal Skype client when Microsoft first gave the warning that the Skype Kit wouldn't be around much longer, we wouldn't be having this problem. If you want the keybindings that GWConnect offers, then all you need is an extension for Skype called Skype Talking. It does the same as gw connect, and I'd even say it does it far better than GWConnect ever did.
I'm done ranting now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector