Re: Muds

I haven't heard of the MUD based on H.P. Lovecraft, but that sounds awesome, and i'll definitely check it out.

Now that I've had a few weeks with different MUDS, I agree with everyone who says Achaea  is an intensive role playing experience.  I love it for its depth and complexity, but I'm learning it's one that you definitely have to be in the right frame of mind to play.  I had wisdom teeth taken out last week, and when your mouth hurts, and you can't eat, you really don't feel much like getting into character.

So I went looking for something I could play solo, and just explore, and take my time.  To that end, I've been playing a LOT of Alteraeon and Materia Magica of late.  It takes a while, but I usually figure out the quests eventually.

I gave Discworld a try, but in that one, I could never find anything!  I looked on Wikipedia for text-based maps, but even those weren't much help.

Now I'm thinking of trying Batmud, just so I can be one of the catfolk.

But I do have a specific question.
Does anyone know if DragonRealms is accessible?  I'm looking for a Mud with a lot of crafting, or farming, and that game keeps popping up in searches, but since it's pay-to-play, I wanted to be sure it would work with VIPMud before I ry it.