Re: Castaways contest, with cash prizes!

You know, I might try that next time. I just gave a second go that did beat my first though, by making better use of tomes and better wall placement as well as a few trial runs to see where the goblins appeared first. I also think I picked my perks better - I was quite right, flower power is overkill, still ended up with way more bread than I needed, even with 48 (!) molding toward the end, so I chose union smasher instead. Also dropped green thumb in favor of strong swimmers, and I did enjoy the use of the two extra people, which were no bother at all to feed, especially once I had a chef and innkeeper. wink

Still kept strong start as my starter, I doubt I'm ever going to change that, at least on this map. Defender sucks IMO as that one knight cannot hope to fend off goblins fast enough, compared to getting a strong start and getting the first crucial wall up straightaway. Brain food is tempting and a free 1000 points, and unlike defender the points will actually help with productivity too, but that strong start is just too good to pass up. Smuggled goods is ok but I'd rather get my buildings up quickly and have those resources replenishing anyway. Hermaphrodite... I get enough pregnancies on other maps even without that (and even with Trojan man up!) so no.

But will definitely try your suggestion about building then smashing up houses - for some reason I never think to destroy buildings, but I can see how it would help here. Those extra people could come in handy, especially at the part where my peasants kept doing other things instead of what I wanted which was taking those 3 pieces of leather that were clearly ready to the monastery right next door... again, destroying or at least closing buildings could have gained me a few more points here. Ah well.

Oops, I have rambled. Past my bed time at that. But I hope someone gains something out of that mass of text. Good night, don't let the goblins bite!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Loxias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rocky Waters via Audiogames-reflector