Some Mud Questions

Hello Everyone.
Recently I have been getting into muds. I have been playing alter aeon, vast space, materiamagica, otherworld, and others. Most of the muds I have played are sci-fi or fantasy stories. Are there any good muds out there like appocalypse stories or things like that? I'm just looking for something different than the muds I've already played.
Also, I've been thinking about making a mud of my own. I have looked at coffeemud and have a few questions. First I read that it's programmed in _javascript_ and was wondering if you need to know _javascript_ to create a mud with that system and is it accessible to screen readers? And just one mor thing could somebody upload coffeemud so I can try it out because sourceforge is acting crazy right now and I can't seem to get it.
Thanks in advance.