Re: Some speech synthesizer questions

Here is an answer to a few questions.

2. There are a few speech synthesizers that CAN sing other than DECtalk and Loquendo. The Original SoftVoice, formerly known as Willow Pond TTS,  had singing support, but I do not know the commands. The SpeakWindow for Willow Pond TTS was one that I found on the web that didn't have that much voices. The only thing I changed was writing the ReadMe file. The newer versions of SoftVoice had more voices, and added in the singing function. Another singing speech synthesizer is the Software Automatic Mouth (SAM), which was also developed by SoftVoice, Inc, which was at the time named "Don't Ask Software". Another synth that can sing is MBROLA, which requires you to enter phonemes as opposed to words, like DECTalk, but you have to enter in some values. I'll give you an example for you to see what I mean. Another synth that I use in called eCantorix, which is a singing synthesis frontend for eSpeak, but it is for L inux only.
3. No, there isn't a 64-bit version of the Willow Pond TTS Speak Window. It is a 16-bit application, so it will only work with 32-bit systems.
4. Microsoft Mike and Mary singing. Well, okay. You see, Microsoft had a singing synthesizer called the "Whistler Music Synthesizer". Think of it as a Windows version of the Mac application "Vocalwriter", except the only voices I heard were Mike and Mary. You see, in the 1990s, Mike and Mary were first developed until 2001, but until the release of Win 95, they were named as Mark and Melanie, so the software that they used in the songs that featured Mike and Mary used thet Whistler Music Synthesizer. I was also told that if you have the Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro CD, you could find the program there.
6. No, you cannot use SAPI4 synthesizers on JAWS 13 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine, so you'll have to get a 32-bit system to be able to use them.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector