Re: a few complaints about the blind comunity

severestormsteve1 worte:

But it's just that sighted people try and give us more than we deserve, and this makes some of us think we're entitled to more, because we're kind of brain washed to believe
so.

And what do we deserve?

According to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, it's clear that  we deserve societal equality and not merely being treated like  well behaving house pets.

Equality before society and the law is and should not be negotiable.

I understand that it's a very American thing to assume that those with the weakest physical abilities ought to be thankful, beg for favors, and sleep under bridges, but here in Europe we actually want the government to enforce equal opportunities.

  And, let me just say I've heard arguments similar to yours. Fact of the matter is, it's not just, blind, people who think they're entitled to everything.
Think of some of those folks who just sit at home, collecting food stamps and government money, just for the heck of it! You know what? All, the people,
who I've heard, of doing that, were, sighted!

Sure in the world of mad right-wing mythology, the welfare queen is herself to blame for being poor rather than working her ass off in McDonalds.

We should all be grateful for being offered the opportunity to eat at the table of the big corporations and not whine about lack of opportunities.