Re: MTG Studios older projects released

Moderation!

Steve, it wasn't just that single joke comment, or those remarks you've edited, it is your general attitude and the way you address people in many of your posts.

Just as one example, you shouldn't really be calling a developer anything! be that faulty, irrisponsable or whatever, sinse the subject under discussion is the developer's game, not the developer him/herself, furthermore buggy or not it is someone's  hard work at the end of the day.

If I were reporting bugs in a new game, I would first list anything good I found in the game, whether sounds, gameplay or just the fact that the person had made it, I'd then say something like "I'm afraid I did find a great many bugs here, such as so and so and so and so, so you might considder having a look at those"

I would in effect be saying "I would like to help you! make a better game by pointing these things out so you can fix them& quot; not "your a bad person and have made a bad game"

See the difference?

You don't of course have to like every new game, but there is a big difference between "I personally didn't enjoy this much I'm afraid because of so and so and so and so, and would really have liked to see more of so and so" and "this game is stupid! and you wasted your time on it and are a bad developer"

It is the same when disagreeing with someone's opinions. Instead of saying "Your wrong and shouldn't think that"  in a very confrontational and potentially insulting fashion,  I would say "I think that opinion is incorrect because bla bla " ie, my focus would be the person's opinions, not the person themselves.

This is one of the crytical techniques for reasonable discussion, making absolutely sure you are addressing the issues, and not directly insulting the person.

Of course, everyone gets annoyed on occasion, but just the same way you wouldn't in real life terms walk into a shop because you were having a bad day and give the shop keeper a mouth full of abuse, taking your frustrations out on others on forums isn't a good idea either.

Remember  everyone on this forum including those who develop games and those who play them is a real person with their own life and opinions just like you, they come on the forum because they like playing games, not because they want to have a huge verbal war.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KG4RDF via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector