Re: Windows 10 "Technical preview" released by microsoft.

Chris, the Windows 10 technical preview isn't just for developers. It's for peop;lle interested in Windows that want to see it grow - as Microsoft puts it, the people who know that BIOS isn't a new kind of fuel made from plants.
Narrator is mostly unchanged from the one in Windows 8.1. The one thing I noticed is that now no matter where you are you always have character and word navigation and I see 2 hotkeys, give negative feedback and give positive feedback, added to narrator. I also heard that it will be gaining scripting and braille support, so while it's not changed we can expect new things from it later, keep in mind this is very early builds and use that feedback app if you have thoughts. I don't think you cann get rid of the live tiles completely, but personally I find it quite useful - quickly checking the weather for example. I'm just happy I have my program groups back.
What else is new? Well, the command prompt was covered quite well already. Internally, IE's engine has been improved and according to benchmarks the _javascript_ engine is now 60% faster. The browser itself is supposedly going to be renamed to spartan and have a more minimalistic chrome esc interface and a much easier way of developing extensions. Windows 10 will also be getting a notification center - all windows baloons now pop up using the new Windows 8 style toaasts. Cortana is also coming - and is aparently already available in internal builds at Microsoft, while in the technical preview people found traces, a couple of dll files, one of which had the sounds and a lot of registry entries.

My personal opinion? As it stands, there isn't that much new. Microsoft is promic9ing a lot, and if they want to really get back the people's users hearts it really has to work. If not, well, they'll have a problem.