Re: Some thoughts on she noire

Again! possibly more spoilers!

Well Slj, I could be wrong but I thought that when you were searching for objects you weren't so much picking them up and taking them with you as just noting that you were there and examining them for clues. This is why a lot of items on the searches were things that you wouldn't actually carry like scratches, blood stains or peaces of furniture.

I also noticed that when you actually had to find something to pick up or work on something like the energy cell or the torture device keys it was in a separate search as though you'd done your first sweep  of the room and noted all the useless objects and now were zeroing in on the useful ones. This was fine and worked well on several occasions, however there were portions it just didn't sinse what you needed for the solution in the combine and use segment just wasn't in the search and there was no explanation as to why it was there.

This could be easily fixe d with some additional  explanations, like say when your in the cell, after you've found all the objects Sophia says "Well maybe if I break that clock I can use the flanges from the cogs as a lockpick, but those sorts of links just don't seem to be there.

I see your point on all the searches being the same space, and I agree some change up mechanics would've been nice, like give you a time limit or having some objects in the search area to avoid like traps or alarm sensors, but this didn't bother me quite as much as the story connection issues.

Oh, and speaking of story connections, I never really got why Sophia suddenly unlocked the basement then decided to come back in her black viper gear to investigate, ---- surely the police would've had pwoers to search a houses basement? and the Count had already said he had nothing to hide. Unless Sophia found the count's advances so off putting she wanted some poison and her assassin gea r for a little revenge, ---- the intro said she only killed when she hat maybe she'd have! to with the count him being so slimy big_smile. Nice to hear the same actor as Eymerich Eymerich doing such a sleezy character.

I will be playing through the rest of the game this evening.

Btw, what on earth is skill mode? I've seen it in the main menu but am not sure what it does.