Re: best audio player?

it comes down to personal preference, and how could  a person not have problems with a bit of software that hinders such a thing?  When you're a windows user, you start getting used to various things, IE, being able to accomplish almost every task in a number of ways.  Foobar is but another example of this matter.  From the simple like playing and stopping music, to the more complex like converting files and adding music to playlists, foobar has at least two, and in some cases three or more methods to accomplish the same thing, so one gets to pick and choose which feels most comfortable.  Those who never wish to deal with the window can avoid it for the most part as I do through the use of global keys.  You don't really have much of a comparison between the two concepts; foobar not only plays media but does it in a way that is customizable and convenient.  From my experiences with iTunes, it would seem that apple is not interested in gi ving you anything more or less than a bit of software they feel does the job however it does the job, and for windows users that just isn't enough.  Apple may have created a feature full application with a simplistic enough interface to learn and which can even be precise wherever it needs to be, but personally, I'm not interested on how much I can do with a tool; I'm interested on how much that tool will do for me, how much it will accommodate to my wants and be the tool that it's supposed to be rather than being the tool someone else thinks it should be.  Foobar may have started off as something entirely different from what it is now; I'll never know, but I don't have to care, because it works for me however I want it to work for me whenever I want it to work for me.  And iTunes?  If I have to tab to access a fair amount of information on a regular basis or use commands that just don't feel familiar or comfortable and which I can't tweek to my liking, I end up with but a simple question... What ever for, when I can have choice?