Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

Well other than Susan (and now Alex), and the genetic clone of his daughter, the doctor doesn't technically have any family, though there was the moff craziness of him being married to river song some how sorting out the thing where she was going to kill him but he was a robot clone, but of course wwe want to forget Riversong actually happened so yeah big_smile.

We don't know who Susan's parents were or even who the Doctor's first wife on Galifrey was, although one explanation I saw stated that Time Lords didn't actually reproduce in the normal way but had a genetic loom that created new time lords out of previous genetic material, and that Susan was a call back to past galifreyan aristocracy going back to Rassilon, though that was all part of the Cartmal master plan as it's called, ie the stuff that was planned for Silvester Mccoy and didn't h appene because the series got canceled, and only turns up in some of the later novels which all got a bit weerd and crazy.

Actually I prefer the audios to what I know of the novels because the audios don't generally go off the rails or try to reinvent the wheel in a big loud fanficky type of way, I suspect because like a tv series the audios have an over all editer so are controled somewhat.

So, officially we don't know that much of who susan is other than that she's the Doctor's grand daughter, indeed even in the audio "the Beginning" we just see The Doctor and Susan stealing an old type 40 tardis and leaving galifrey while being chased by guards and we're not told why, though really I much prefer keeping the stuff about the Doctor's life mysterious, one reason I'm sort of dreading what Moffat is going to do given we've actually seen the Doctor as a child and all that rubbish about the army, and the less said about Clar a supposedly directing the First Doctor to his tardis the better (needless to say, even though the companion story The Beginning was bought out after name of the Doctor there was no suggestion of Clara at all, thank god!).

The Doctor's companions however are much more interesting in terms of background and there have been some very nice stories that followed what they did later, especially Sarah jane, from the Sarah jane audios (though the ending to those issomewhat inconclusive and nicely enigmatic), to the Sarah jane Tv adventures when she was obviously a lot older, wich though they're supposed to be a kids series I really did enjoy, although I have only seen season 1 thus far.