Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

Possible orient express spoilage ahoy!

Well I personally never had much against Pe or maths teachers, with Danny though I really don't get this not being in the Tardis thing, and this business of Clara supposedly lying to him about it. With Micky Smith in the first series with the 9th doctor it was pretty obvious why he wasn't travelling with the Doctor and that he didn't particularly want to either, indeed it took Sarah Jane turning up and improving him as a character to change this. With Danny though, apart from the fact he never seems to deserve the way Clara treats him, it just feels like there is no reason he isn't travelling in the tardis, indeed if I were Clara my first suggestion would be that he did! travel with the Doctor to try and sort out his problem with whatever he supposedly did in the army, and don't tell me it's all because the Doctor doesn't like soldiers sinse Clara planely thinks the doctor is an idiot most of the time and wouldn't mind overruling him, (and the Doctor Doesn't like soldiers thing is so stupid anyway).

I have seen episodes without the Doctor before and they usually work. Turn left, which had no doctor, Blink, which didn't even have the assistant, Love and monsters which most who fans hate but I thought had some nice points which didn't have either the doctor or the assistant.
Heck, there is an audio called "Death in the famly" in which the doctor literally dies and the episode follows Hex and Ace sorting things out and eventually getting the Doctor back, which doesn't feature him at all.

The problem with flatline is that that sort of episode only works as a break when we're used to the Doctor turning up and saving the day and are wondering about how the assistant will do it. The problem is pre orient express the Doctor was made out to be so inneffective, and Clara so awsome Flatline just didn't have the impact it shoul d've done, sinse how is Clara saving the day in the doctor's absense so different from Clara saving the day in the face of the Doctor's idiocy?

I don't think Matheson is doing anything else this season, which is a shame sinse both of his episodes were the best of the  twealth doctor thus far, heck if  most of the series were the quality of orient epress I might even believe the twelth doctor exists big_smile.

So we'll see what next week brings, and I'm sure stewart will have some fun comments about Clara on Flatline.