Re: Accessible Board and Card Games!

Ha, "Compatibility" sounds fun - sort of in the "Apples to Apples" family of party games.  There are a variety of games like that we'd like toget and braille eventually, and in general they're pretty easy to make accessible.  So if you ever want to place a custom order for something like that, just email my wife through the shop and we can probably make it happen.

The Lord of the Rings game you're referring to sounds similar to MEQ, but not quite the same.  In MEQ, one player does control Sauron, but one to three players control individual heroes (there's an Elf, a Dwarf, a Rohirrim, a Dunadan, and a Gondorian) and work cooperatively against him.  So at the end of the game, either Sauron wins, or the heroes win.  The game incorporates role-playing elements, including the ability to upgrade your hero's stats and skills, and has a pretty enjoyable combat mini-game that you use to fight various monsters or mi nions of Sauron.  The gameplay differs dependingon whether you're a hero or the Dark Lord; heroes play more of an exploration/adventure angle, wheras Sauron's gameplay is more built around strategy and resource management.  It's an extremely deep and detailed game, and from what I'm told, visually stunning.  I love it.  The downside?  The game itself is $60, I think...  Making the game 100% accessible to a blind player would take a LOT of work, but we've been able to get it so that all "secret" information is accessible, but leave all public information in print, since I'm always playing with at least one sighted player.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector