Re: guide dogs!

Thanks for the explanation. I realize my post might have sounded a bit too harsh perhaps, and I'm sorry about that. I was just pretty surprised to hear of such odd behavior with a fully qualified and trained guide dog abroad. In my country, I've heard of lots of people whose dogs were properly trained and everything was all right with them at the beginning but the handlers themselves later allowed them to lose mostor all of this learned discipline over time, more or less directly. Some of those people I even know in person and their dogs as well as themselves are a sad story in several cases.
This phenomenon here in the Czech Republic is starting to really annoy and frustrate me, so I may have overreacted a bit, having heard about something similar even abroad, in the western countries that a lot of us naively tend to consider better, more advanced, more developed, more modern. However, having not known all the circumstances, I might have judged the situation wrongl y. :-)

From my very limited (one year plus some reading and consultation) experience, it's perfectly possible for a dog to have one or two weird quirks like this that can't be entirely explained with logical and rational means. However, if it's something you as the dog's human pack leader andas the owner dislike, it's up to you to let the dog know, clearly and without any room for your authority to be challenged, that it's not supposed to be doing this or that. This can be done entirely calmly, without any conflict, violence or domination over the dog, without harming it physically or mentally in whatever way, in such a way that the dog understands it and eventually learns to accept it, even if it is not exactly hapy about it at first, without your bond suffering from this in any way.
The process of doing it is pretty difficult to describe clearly and accurately to someone who's not a dog handler themselves though, not to mention that it can be pretty different for every human and every dog.
Lukash