Re: The contraversy of Mallenche, and its creator, Howard Sherman

I dunno, all I'll say is that Hadean Lands is making me pine for more traditional contemporary IF. CYOA is all very wonderful but really, it works best when the third-person perspective holds together loosely enough despite slight variation. IF, for me, all that object manipulation, is still deeply immersive and the real problem is the lack of sufficient quantities of the good stuff.

Having said this I played Choice of Romance recently and was quite astonished by how much depth that had; by the time I was finished I felt decidedly that I was a resident of that fair kingdom. smile