Re: a proposal, jaws lite shareware by freedom scientific

bryant wrote:

To the person that said that blind people don't make nearly that much money, there are actually blind people out there who do, if they actively try to. This is no slight against anyone here, but a lot of blind people just sit around all their lives and don't actively try to find a job. They depend on the government to take care of them.

I hate this self-hating condescending attitude.

It's the second time this poster Regurgitates the same  claim in a thread about accessibility.

First, accessibility is not or rather should not be about money or willingness to work.

Even if I don't want to work, and live on the welfare state, I have the same right to accessibility -- the ability to read, write and use a computer or software program as a sighted person.

What's the minimum wage in  every nation?

If the yearly price for accessibility soft ware is more expensive than what a person of average intelligence and abilities can earn at the minimum wage applicable in the nation, a blind individual should not have to work harder, be smarter or be willing to accept more hardships merely because a greedy monopolistic corporation can milk the individual or the government.

I don't expect FS to act out of altruistic feelings for visually impaired individuals.

But people who themselves suffer from disability should not advocate a blame the victim mentality.

Disabled persons are often the least advantaged in society, and listening to such ignorant talk from anyone  who is equally physically incapable of earning a living without accessibility paid for by the government frankly makes me angry.

To all the blind individuals who think you can afford to stab  your own equals in the back, I'll only say that you are no better than others, and you don't get a better deal for ingratiating  yourself with society.

Talk is cheap, and if I earned  a dollar every time someone said something nice about disabled, I could retire with a good pension.