Re: a proposal, jaws lite shareware by freedom scientific

Well. Again, what to do if  less or none companies work especially for accessibility? For example, Microsoft has a built-in screen reader “narrator” which does the worst performance among all the other screen readers. Now can you imagine using your computer through narrator? I agree that there shouldn’t be exception for any users. For example, if there is a text on the screen, or a picture, a sited person can read it, zoom it out, can change the contrasts etc. On the other side there are we, who cannot read the text exclusively with narrator. So in this way what should I do to improve it? why should I be stuck at that screen reader? What if Microsoft doesn’t work to make narrator more accessible? Not all the people in the world are blind so that’s not an influential program and therefore they won’t concentrate so much on that application. There is another point related to Apple, due to its precious work on voice over. They have basically designed all the internal programs to be accessible with voice over and you know that it’s price is high. So while people discovered that iPhone had a great screen reader, why did they ran so fast to buy a 700 dollar phone. While on the other side blinds, which didn’t have enough money are not investing on a screen reader for their computers, which may be more usable than a phone who is designed to communicate like all the phones in the world. I have talked to some people from Turky, Iran and rarely Iraq asking them “what kind of phone are you using?”, and 95% of them answered: “I’m using an iPhone”. In most of the cases it was an iPhone 5, which was recently released. So why are they having money this time? Even people in Canada, USA and UK complain that its price is high. I don’t actually have an iPhone, because I don’t have any special preference on it, and I’m never willing to spend 600 or 700 dollars. It’s too expensive, isn’t it? Here in Albania I asked about the price of an iPhone 5, and I was taken aback when told that the price was 530€, converted nearly to 680 dollars.