Re: a proposal, jaws lite shareware by freedom scientific

The price of the phone is high, yes, but in this case you're getting the screen reader and the device in one... I agree with a lot of mac users who say why would I pay for JAWS when I could pay the same price and get the screen reader along with a computer? So while I think the price is steep for both products, I will invest in both of them... because it's not just one single program or application already. If I paid 1500 bucks like I did for JAWS, I could easily get a better than average desktop, heck, even a custom built one... slap NVDA on it, and I already have a better deal. Your average laptop that isn't a netbook or low end model costs at least 500 dollars... add JAWS to that, which is another 1200 or so... and you have almost 2000 worth. And with an iphone or mac... upgrading the software is free. Same with NVDA. Not so with JAWS...