Re: KODP questions - how on earth do you keep the game happy?

Dark has already given a great summary of the mechanics involved here, so I think I'll just chime in on the long game for a bit. smile

Winning is certainly a lot of fun, and I can't deny that the timer is a factor. Nevertheless, it's generous. You'll receive a variety of warnings before it runs out, and taking on one quest successfully might help you get into a position to tackle another. They tend to give substantial magic boosts.

Another point about KoDP that I think should be remembered is that it's fundamentally a game about story. The strategy bits are interesting, but they aren't all that compelling on their own. It's really about the journey, as they say. Ending a game with a loss is frustrating, for sure, especially near the end, but it still makes a story that is worth telling, which is the whole point of the game. smile I'm not saying "don't try to win,," but rather, "don't feel like losing is necessarily bad." Restoring from a  prior save is one option, of course, but I discourage it if only because the game really works when you have good years and bad  years, and they balance each other out. Your clan can take a lot of punishment and still endure, and that's what matters.

I hope people don't give up on the game. It's well worth the effort.