Re: KODP questions - how on earth do you keep the game happy?

does the game notify you if you've gotten an achievement? it's been a while since I have, though I've gotten back in the swing of things recently and am attempting another short game as I need something to get lost in from time to time, but in short bursts.  This morning I so narrowly avoided a feud with the clan I'd just made peace with, which was a huge relief as my magic is at -5!
Also, I've tried out a slightly different set of starting stats and it appears to be working well. My chief is renoun in leadership, and while my ring only has 6 out of 7 gods, at least this time those on it actually are decent.  I do wish there was a quick way of finding out who each person worships in the reorganisation screen, as by the time it gets to the end of stats, I occasionally forget if that God has already come up.  therefore I've taken to checking in advice screens instead.
Sadly I appear to have gotten all the chilano roy and iseries worshipers for knowbles