Re: in search of a new braille display, any advice?

I'm sorry but I have to ask, if you have a tablet and smartphone do you really need the display to act as a notetaker? As for copying things, USB stick?

I'm not trying to criticise you, I just feel traditional thinking regarding these kinds of devices needs some poking to make sure we're all using the best option for our individual needs. In fact I'd go so far as to say that smartphones and tablets have overtaken most of the purposes of a notetaker, making them pretty much obsolete.

These things are very, very expensive so it never hurts to take another look at exactly what you need and want from them. You'll likely be stuck with it for a number of years so making sure it is the best fit for your requirements is important.