questions on audiogame development

My vacation will be starting soon, and I was seriously considering developing a simple audiogame to put some of the concepts that I learnt in a programming module to practice, and it stops me from getting too rusty over the break. The idea that I had in mind would require full 3d sound though so I'll probably need to use HRTF.

I've been learning C for a few months and have grown pretty comfortable with it.

I'm trying to decide what language I should use to write the game in. I don't think I want to use BGT, and I see that c++ and c# are both based off C, so I hope that my prior C knowledge would allow me to pick either up. Those are probably the 2 languages that i'm inclined to try, but I'm not sure how to decide between them. From what I've heard, C++ is faster but more difficult to use than c# though i'm not sure how much that will matter for an audiogame. I think programmes in C# are also easier to reverse engineer.

If I decide not to use BGT, I'll also have to figure out which libraries to choose. What are the best libraries available for screen reader support and HRTF audio?