Re: Demons

Rach Rach, I'm glad that being in this community has been so helpful.  This group is indeed a unique one, haha.

    I don't have any experience with amputee identity disorder, but I do feel it might be at least related to what you're experiencing.  CAE, this is what I thought about too while reading Rach Rach's post.  smile  I definitely don't want to come across as judgmental in any way!  While I personally feel uneasy at the idea of permanently altering yourself to feel more like "you", I'll be the first to point out that people have been doing variations of this for thousands of years.  Cutting holes in ears, noses, and several other places to insert jewelry (or just to leave them as a large hole) is extremely common.  People inject ink into their skin to permanently display images.  In vario us parts of the world people would bind heads with rope, feet with ribbon, or thin necks with metal rings... all for some sort of permanent change to the body.  Part of me feels uneasy about making this connection, but what you're thinking about seems to just be a more extreme form of this same thing.

    I've never been a fan of any sort of permanent body modification (no tattoos or piercings here), but it's just personal preference.  My only excuse for recommending against it, is that it IS permanent.  Removing one of your 5 senses permanently, is what makes your "modification" more extreme than those I listed.  If you change your mind in 10 years, there is no going back.  To me, that is a scary thing.  At least people who regret a tattoo can cover it with a shirt, or even pay big bucks to have it lasered off.

    A quick side note:  I'm laughing AT myself because of how stupid I feel right now.  I just realized how much I enjoyed indenting my 2 paragraphs!  You said you are sighted, so I have a rare excuse to actually use proper indentation in a post.  Horray!  big_smile  I haven't had a reason to do that around here for a long time.  (I'm sighted too)  I just feel really silly/stupid because I never thought, in my life, that I'd feel joy from indenting a paragraph.  It's weird.

    I imagine most people could not sympathize with your feelings because they abhor the thought of losing one of their sensory inputs.  I bet that's almost universal.  In a very small way I think I can at least understand where you're coming from though, since the thought has (casually) crossed my mind many times that it would be wonderful if I was deaf.

    Deaf?  Yep.  I usually do not enjoy sound.  I rarely listen to music, I hate having a TV or radio on in the background, and I tend to be the most comfortable when I'm in complete silence.  I've worn ear plugs for the fun of muting the world around me, especially at work where I can get very annoyed when people are making noise.  Wait, how did I get roped into making AUDIO games?!  big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sujatapriti90 via Audiogames-reflector