Re: Guess What! - Window-Eyes 9.0 Beta Discussion Thread

Hi.

Having given window eyes a quick spin, I have this to say... in my opinion I'd not use it. It's a lot slower than NVDA, it... cuts... up... things... on... youtube... when... reading... headings... I understand that last part might have been annoying but I wanted to show you how it sounds.

Voices.

Well we have e speak, and eliquence sapi and a couple others which I feel don't need to be there like, tripple talk? I think it's called. These kind of voices are not usable even if you change the number thing after selecting a voice.

I won't go much into this but I feel they've copied NVDA a little here, of cource screen readers will copy one another, the internet being one thing they do all copy, JAWS, NVDA and WINDOW EYES, all have the h= Heading, b= button, l= list in NVDA and JAWS, in window eyes I think that's the key for links.

Anything positive to say about window eyes? I'm sorry to window eyes fans and tho se that are excited about the release but no, there's nothing I can say that's positive about window eyes. It crashed on me the first time, didn't lode the set files, cut sentences up which didn't need to be cut up, oh and for those of us who use youtube, well lets just say you're not going to get to your flash object with the O key, I have no idea how you do it but I hope it can be done.

Over all with the little testing I've done. I'd have to give it a 1 out of 5.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cbenner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector