Re: My life of gaming: A closing chapter

Hi,

Dark, sorry if this is getting a bit off topic. I was a fraid it would when I posted, just by the nature of the discussion, since matters of religion tend to do that. A couple of things had me continuing to post despite the fact that things went off the main topic a little, I was called by God to say something  in the most recent posts. I will, however, do my best to follow the rules while I'm here, as I always have, and try to keep topics on topic.

Jayde, science can never prove that God exists 100%. He does not want us to prove that he exists, he already did that 2000 years ago. Not only is it not his job to continually prove himself in direct ways to anyone who asks, then God would be serving man instead of the other way around, but if he did that, we would not have a free will choice to make whether or not to follow him and would simply be mindless, unthinking servants. I mean, if you knew for a fact there was a God and that you would go to hell if yo u did not follow him, you'd be following him because it would be silly to go the other direction and out of respect, but not out of love or friendship. At that point, God would simply be a dictator, rather than the loving father who died for us and took the burden of our sins upon himself, applying our justly deserved punishment to himself rather than to us so that we could spend our lives with him instead of apart from him. . I know that for me, when I ultimately decided to become his willing servant, it was no evidence that finally swayed me but instead, simply his call when my life was irretrievably out of control. Even then, it took me a while to fully come to grips with it, and that's when I started searching for evidence.

I will agree with you that the religion wars get out of hand, hence why I do not call myself religious. I'm not here to fight about who's God is biggest or most powerful, because I already know the truth and God doesn't need def ending in that way. I'm not here to take up the crusades or go on another witch hunt, that's unbiblical. Religion will always and can always be abused, just like anything else on this earth. I like the way one author I read put it though, don't let the experiences of other people make your decisions for you, eternity is a long time to be wrong.

I would only argue just one thing. For those that choose to follow science, I highly recommend reading The Case for a Creator, by Lee Strobel. He has two others as well, The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith. He is a journalist and was a former atheist who set out to prove that evolution and scientific theory had ruled out all possibility for the existance of, and need for God. He came to some pretty interesting conclusions after interviewing some top level and highly respected scientists in various fields of study. There's also some scientific studies of God on www.ICR.org, and research can be found debating evolutionary theory from many different viewpoints, including agnostic, simply with google keywords. Your argument can be applied to science as well, just because a large chunk of the world considers naturalistic explanations to be the only way we could have come into being, does not make it the only explanation. Rationality is only what you make of it, and scientists have been trying to make reality more cut and dried than it is for centuries. Only recently, within the last couple of centuries, have we even dared to start thinking as a majority that we might have somehow come into being without the need for a creator. I agree with Assault Freak, science and faith are not mutually exclusive, one of my favorite things about God since I started following him. I think that, were you to examine the followers of Christ in any depth, you'd be surprised how many super-intellects there are following him, constantly questioning and studying God in an attem pt to understand him better and not just mindlessly accepting things as they are. Clive Staples Louis, Josh MacDowell, Lee Strobel, Stephen Meyers and William Lane Craig all come to mind.

I just wanted to let you all know that the Gameboy Advance and Playstation 3 are sold, but the Playstation Portable Slim I haven't had any offers for yet. I've got a dozen or so games for it, as well as a protective case for the system itself, all of which would of course be included.

Thanks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Alan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector