Re: My life of gaming: A closing chapter

Nah. There's no way I could have quit gaming, I did not want to quit gaming for myself. If it were just me and my earthly possessions and relationships involved, I never would have done this, just as I never would have quit drinking. In the case of drinking, God took the temptation away from me, and in the case of gaming, God asked me to stop and devote more time to my friendship with him, and I want to be better friends with the one that I will spend all eternity with, thus, I did. Is the temptation still there? Absolutely. Can I take any credit at all for resisting it, and quitting gaming in the first place? Only in so far as God gave me the choice, and I submitted that choice to him, because I know that I am in no way strong enough to make such choices on my own. The temptations of the world are just too strong for me. I still like my adult videos and my alcohol, and yes, my games. But I have too much respect for my creator, and what he did for me, to continue with my worl dly desires as though he doesn't exist and devote most of my time to them than to getting to know him.

As for why people invoke God's name to do evil, I will only say that God does not commit evil, but he does permit it for reasons that sometimes, only he knows. I will not defend God's actions. He does not need me to do so, and in trying to defend God and present evidence for him, I've already screwed that up enough in the other topic. If God wants his presence known to anyone involved with either of these two topics, he will make it so, and no amount of pummelling, presenting, cajoling or crusading on my part will make it otherwise. I can only talk, and it is up to him to call, and the listener to listen.

Thank you all again for your support.