Re: Of Reason and Faith

hello.

I'm sorry but this isn't going to be a very friendly post.
You did say I could ask questions on this thread, and I have questions.

I was born into a christian family. Sort of...
My Nan didn't and doesn't believe in god, my mum does but doesn't go to chirch andthe rest of my family again, believe but they don't do anything about it. Which in my opinion is
fine.

I find this topic fascinating so I'll keep coming back to it.

I have  a question to all those Christians out there. What do you say to those that say that Christianity destroyed paganism?

What about those that say most "Christian" holidays Are based off of paganism beliefs?

What about the Devil... I've been speaking to a friend of mine and he told me about pan, the goat god who played the Flute, he also as far as I know and believe me I'll do more research into this, had lodes of sex.

Anyway back to my list of questions. Why do christians say the devil looks like a goat with horns and hooves? Kind of smells fishy to me. If pan was a goat from the Pagan religions, then the devil is described as a goat... Do you see where I'm coming from with this question?

What about druids too? Those who pray to mother earth for good crops and harvest? Are they band in Christianity too?
Witches, simply those that were female and practiced "black" magic. They were burnedby christians too. Because they were "evil" And needed to be purged of sin or some rubbish like that. They were human just like you and me, and  you wonna know something, they were probably better than you and me because they would have had a better understanding of earth and the energies around the planet.

I could never follow a faith like that. I'm more awake now. I was writing some of those posts while half asleep.

That isn't to say I hate Christians, I don't. I just wonder how someone can follow a religion like that and believe it?

I'll say it again, I'm really liking Sikhism. There's no follow me or go to a place of pain, no forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to.
Here, take a read of this; How can we describe Him? How can we know Him? O Nanak, everyone speaks of Him, each one wiser than the rest. Great is the Master, Great is His Name. Whatever happens is according to His Will. O Nanak, one who claims to know everything shall not be decorated in the world hereafter. || 21 || There are nether worlds beneath nether worlds, and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above. The Vedas say that you can search and search for them all, until you grow weary. The scriptures say that there are 18,000 worlds, but in reality, there is only One Universe. If you try to write an account of this, you will surely finish yourself before you finish writing it. O Nanak, call Him Great! He Himself knows Himself. || 2 2

This is hwy I really like this religion. NO Violence, just praising god. Also I love that this book mentions the spiritual realms. without! saying they're evil or bad.
Isn't that amazing? Can you imagine the things we could learn from these amazing gurus? Here, I'll paste that part again, let it soak into your mind. I think this is awesome!

There are nether worlds beneath nether worlds, and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above. The Vedas say that you can search and search for them all, until you grow weary. The scriptures say that there are 18,000 worlds, but in reality, there is only One Universe. If you try to write an account of this, you will surely finish yourself before you finish writing it.

Simply amazing...

here are some Raags and repeating wahiguru, that you can check out. I recommend listening and letting the music wash over you like a warm water or fresh breeze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVbRVImbhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5-VVpO5WqY

The next link is ten hours! so I don't expect you to listen to all of that. (Smiles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CQKD0Ee8YY

There are so many more but I'll stop here.

If I had to follow a religion, this is the one I would follow.

Hopefully you've enjoyed my post and haven't got offended, or if you have, I stil would like to hear from you and see what you think.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darkabomination via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darkabomination via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector