Re: Of Reason and Faith

Sorry, I knew I should have clarified one thing that I completely forgot in my post about my beliefs. This has lead to yet another mistake on my part.

Do I think all of those things are wrong? Yes. God has told me they are.

Does that mean that I believe that homosexuals are to be hated, that murderers and rapists and thieves are to be hated, that witches are to be burned at the stake? Does that mean that I agree with Hitler, who claimed to be a christian at times? Does that mean that I think that all the religious leaders of the world who fell into this exact trap were justified in their killings, percicution against minority groups? Absolutely ... not.

There is a difference between thinking something is wrong, and wanting to eraticate or banish it completely. I believe that if those people want to seek God out, that they should repent of what they're doing, turn away from it, ask God to free them of the temptation.

Having said that, I will go into evidence just a touch and say that again, science is not cut and dried here. Just as with evolution, something being taught as fact in most school systems, a simple google search for proof of truth will yield results on both sides. As I recall, homosexuality has only been proved genetically to a factor of .7 statistically, and to be considered scientific fact it has to be proved to at least a factor of 1. Just the fact that there are bisexual people is enough to convince me that at the very least, if there is a genetic push toward homosexuality, it is not irresistable.

I believe that I have a bent toward homosexuality. I did a lot of experimentation when I was younger, when I didn't even know that it was a bad idea, and I found that it was just as pleasurable, if not more so, than being with a woman. When I would watch my adult videos or read my sex stories, I would always have to be very careful of the men. I didn't want to be gay for exactly the reason you said Jayde, I was afraid of percicution if it came out that I was gay. But often times, I'd find myself listening to the man more than the woman, and sometimes it didn't even occur to me that that's what I had done until later. I of course, in not wanting to be gay, went to the other extreme, for a while, of "gay people are all creeps and I want nothing to do with them." Definitely a matter of insecurity, especially given my past experimentation. I have since met a couple of gay people who I naturally, have no problem with as a person, just as was the case when I started interacting with christians more.

As to homosexuality and morality, well, some people would say that aids started in the gay community, which it did, and that their community habbit of sleeping around harms others by spreading that. That's a very blunt statement and I will not apply it to all homosexuals, but it seems to be the case, from my research and interaction with the fringe of their community.

I stress again though, that in no way do I hate them. God says homosexuality is wrong, thus, it's wrong. Why? We may not know that until we're with him, maybe not even then. Until then, we should be loving toward these people, interacting with them just as we would with any other human being, because that's what they are, human beings.

By the way, I'm actually a little surprised there isn't a branch of christianity that hates blindness, or disability in general. As you said, I'm amazed the torches haven't come out against us yet:

16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”
Leviticus 21:16-23

That is meant to apply only to the priests that made the offerings in the old testament, but it wouldn't be the first time a cult was formed from an out of context set of verses in the bible.

I'm sorry that my unclear statement was offensive to some of you. Thank you for reading.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector