Re: Pirate bay copy come back following rade.

Just a heads up, the part that says "we will report it first" does not refer to this (the audiogames website) I think this is a copy pasted article. It's not spam, but the entire contents of the article was put here.
I find it interesting that companies are going after the pirate bay, and I still wonder what to think about this. In the UK, the government consider the torrent websites illegal, and have actually started to make ISPs block websites like the pirate bay. As a moderator I can very safely say that I have not used torrents for a very long time, since way before the block got initiated. The trouble is though, torrents themselves aren't bad. I could, in theory, put the exact same thing, such as a game walkthrough, found in a  zip file, make it into a torrent and send it to anyone like any other file. I think torrents became so infamous because of the pirate bay and such, and therefore have been permanently scarred with an image of, "oh hay this is a torrent file, let's ban it becasue it's got illegal content, period." That isn't technically true. While yes, I've seen a lot of illegal content around on the torrent networks when I ued it, it wasn't all bad. Remember, for instance, on this very forum in fact, someone uploading an Entombed let's play using torents?
Now imagine this chilling scenario:
Someone makes a website full of illegal zip files. The governemnt then blocks it, then says, "we will not allow the use of zip files anymore" and this would also include rar files. I think ther would be a gigantic backlash if that were to ever happen, because the fact of the matter it has never been about the torrent file itself, it's how the torrent files are being promoted that's causing governments to react big time. In fact, I'm quite sad to say that I think the pirate bay is promoting torrents way more than the official company behind the protocol its elf, and that is really quite a shame as that's what's caused this incredibly bad thought processing on torrents.
Which begs the idea: what next? If another protocol is developed that superceeds torrent, I'm wondering what steps might be taken to promote it as just a general means of use rather than floundering the scene with copyright material. Doubtless, it'll happen, but the way to move forward would be for the theoretical company, I think to get partners on board who distribute legal goods, be that free software, or even be that stuff to buy, and promote whatever the new format is that way.
What makes things even more interesting is that these pirates actually buy more music than their mainstream counterparts, so ther almost has to be a way that if a new format were developed, that everyone gets to use things the way they are intended. It'd be kind of cool if, for instance, you had a client, downloaded the file and the file would let you select some tracks that you can then stream maybe for a couple of months, while the rest could be played once or twice. This way, the ones you keep can hold you over until you had enough funds to pay and claim the hole album, and remove the limits.
I don't really know how this would work for games, however, another popular source of piracy unfortunately. What could be done to saiciate these people's needs, those who want to not jsut try a demo, but try the full product or at least more of the full product than a usual demo, before buying?