Re: Pirate bay copy come back following rade.

Our government is unashamedly in the pocket of copyright lobbyists; I don't take anything they say on the subject of the ethics of piracy to heart. They have no credibility. Every time they are given a chance to reform the law, they do so only to the extent that consumers are already breaking it--for example, the recent personal use copying exception does allow CD ripping but does not allow DRM circumvention without you going to the Secretary of State. WTF? Did the irony of this really go over their heads? Apparently it did.

My ISP, Andrews & Arnold, are explicit in their not blocking TPB. I of course want to support my favourite creators, but I also want fair and just treatment for all consumers. So, while I do everything I can to stay on the straight and narrow, own the vast majority of my stuff legally and often in physical form, and use the plethora of alternatives where they are available, ultimately I will do piracy if there exists no other option and don' ;t see it as a bad thing as long as the industry and government are happy to shaft the people.