Re: SoundRTS and the CrazyMod (update 8.3)

Hi, I did a bit of preliminary testing on the new races today. The dark elves seem to be okay, though further testing may prove them to be more or less on par with the other races. The vermin, however, are a serious issue. The ability for every single building to generate stumps is just too much of an issue. My suggestion is to make the fruit trees and carnivorous/voracious/devourer trees unable to generate stumps; this would definitely cut down on the number of stumps there are. Also, the number of generated larvae on the higher-level buildings is rather alarming as well.
Speaking of these buildings, the larval laboratory, transgenic reproducer, and incubator multiplier are far more powerful than other town hall buildings. Their invisibility, ability to heal units, and the latter two buildings' resurrection power is just too good. My suggestion is to increase the time cost on the various upgrades to curtail the speed of the unit transformations, and decrease the number of generated larvae by at least 30%. So it would be something like 5, 8, 12, 15, and 17 larvae as you move up the stages.

I am not exactly sure what the supply tunnel ability does it seems to randomly generate some workers and some termite guards on a random square on the map which seems kind of pointless, especially since the supply tunnel can't store resources. Even if it could store resources, the random generation is such a downside it's not worth using.

Another slight oversight, the thousand stings wasp requires the mud room instead of the honey tree.

The defense trees, carnivorous, voracious, and devourer, are far too power, especially the devourer. Though perhaps with your plans to make defensive towers a lot more effective and have tiered upgrades that coincide with the upgrades to base buildings, the defense towers for the other races will receive a similar boost.

The workers also don't really seem to be much different from each other except that the more powerful ones can more effectively defend themselves. I suppose this is useful if you want them to be able to go scavenge for resources somewhere. Though it's really hard to scavenge far afield due to the inability to build a resource gathering building anywhere; I think you are limited to building a trail of stumps to the square you want and upgrading the last one to a brooder to store the resources. Unless I am missing something; feel free to correct me. Though it seems like stumps can only generated one square away.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector