Re: New way of adding screen-reader support with Ivona Speech Cloud!

Well,
I was just holding the files locally to be honest and they were less than 1 MB for over 100 menu options and notifications.
I think it would be totally worth it for games like Traders of Known Space, Park Boss, Side-scrollers and other games that just find speech kind of a pain.
There are also something like 40 languages, so multilingual support is something to consider.

I actually think I'm using it a little differently than they thought it would be.

The way their payment structure works is based off the amount of requests made and does not take into consideration that I would just wish to save and distribute the audio files.

Alternatively, you could create an option to download all the speech files for the voice of choice. There are like 16 English voices, so someone is bound to find one they like.
IMO it is much better than SAPI in many circumstances.