Re: Screenreaders, engines and advocacy

I've always run with the assumption that engine developers are the people we need to talk to, and who we need to convince that game accessibility is wanted and also viable. Most game devs are right, they just kind of throw their game on top of an engine. I know a guy who wants to make his game accessible, just because he's a friend of mine, but he's indy, and can't afford to start from scratch. He's developing in Unreal 4, so issues abound re: accessibility.